1. The 42nd Annual Gem and Mineral Show is this weekend at the Howard County Fair Barn in Big Spring. It opens on Friday and also runs Saturday, 9am to 5pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm. A snack bar will be available, Admission is FREE.
2. The Inkmasters Texas Tour is at the Ector County Coliseum in Odessa this weekend. Some of the best artists from around the world will be there. Don’t miss the Tattoo Award Shows! There will also be tons of giveaways including FREE tattoos. They will have a Kids Zone with face painting, bounce houses, and more!
3. The Mozart Requiem is Saturday evening at 7:30pm Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center. It will feature the MOSC Chorale, Midland College Chaparral Singers, Odessa College Choir & UTPB University Singers. Tickets range from $17 to $30.
4. The Odessa Jackalopes are in town this weekend. They take on Corpus Christi Saturday evening at 7:05pm at the Ector County Coliseum.
5. There is a Birding For Beginners field trip to the I-20 Wildlife Preserve on Saturday morning starting at 8am. All participants are encouraged to wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. The event is FREE and space is limited. So you’ll want to make a reservation ahead of time.