Hilary Evitt is a native west Texan who got her start in radio in 1999 while in college. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism from Abilene Christian University before turning her attention to television, where she served as a news anchor and producer until 2005.
Aside from being back “home” behind the microphone these days, the loves of Hilary’s life are her husband Kris, and their three dogs. She also enjoys traveling (best trip ever: 2-week honeymoon road trip to 10 western U.S. states), musical theatre (she’s performed in more than two dozen musicals) and filling the evening hours with television crime drama.
Hilary’s random claim to fame is having once appeared as the Trivia Go-Go dancer on ‘Live with Regis and Kelly.’
- IRRATIONAL FEARS: needles, deep water
- GUILTY PLEASURES: fast food, shopping, romance novels
- PET PEEVES: mouth breathers, parents who use strollers to clear traffic in stores
- RIDICULOUS LIFE GOAL: to become a professional ballerina
- WANTS TO: retire at 50 and live on cruise ships forever and ever, amen
- HATES TO: clean house, be stuck in large crowds, get out of bed before 9:00 am
- IS A BAD: cook, athlete, person to ask to help you remember something
- IS A GOOD: dancer, putter-together of cool outfits, karaoke companion
- SPENDS TOO MUCH TIME: watching TV, checking out Facebook
- SPENDS TOO LITTLE TIME: being active, hanging out with friends face-to-face