Big Zak has been a professional broadcaster for over 20 years. His career began in Rochester, New York. Since then, he has worked in Tallahassee, Florida; Chattanooga, Tennessee; and Nashville, Tennessee. In 2003 Zak became the morning show host on Sirius Satellite Radio’s ‘New Country’.
He has also attended The Art Institute – Nashville for Web Design and Interactive Media, where he graduated with a 4.0 GPA. He and his wife also own a web design business.
When he is not working, Zak enjoys hiking, biking, and various other outdoor activities. He and his wife, Susan, enjoy spending time together with their labradoodle, Titan. Zak loves pizza and hates cabbage.
Beth was born a Georgia Peach, but she has spent the majority of her life right here in the Basin. She has raised three kiddos of her own, plus countless furbabies from her time at Lone Star Sanctuary for Animals.
Beth enjoys an active lifestyle, including working out at the gym, hiking with her dogs, or going for a bike ride with her family.
Beth and her husband, Justin, enjoy domestic and foreign travel, attending concerts, and watching cheesy 80’s movies. Beth likes to eat healthy, but she also loves to eat lots of candy!
Regular Show Features
Join us each weekday morning for the following fun elements:
- BREAKFAST BRAINIAC (6:35am)
- BIG ZAK & BETH’S BIRTHDAY BUNCH (7:10am)
- “WHAT’S IN BETH’S BAG?” (7:35am)
- KICKS DIRT ALERT (8:10am)
- “ON THIS DAY WITH BIG ZAK & BETH” (9:20-9:30am)
Support Honor Our Troops
Honor Our Troops is a non-profit organization founded on the realization that too many of our troops don’t receive the love and support that they deserve. With the help of sponsors, they work tirelessly to meet that need, and ensure that the men and women serving in the U.S. military know that their sacrifice is not going unnoticed.
What drives H.O.T. is the understanding that there are U.S. soldiers all around the world that aren’t receiving any cards, letters, or care packages from home. They feel that it is their responsibility to bring attention to this and do what we can to make sure this need is met.
They send H.O.T. Care Packages to troops around the world, year-round. Care Packages consist of things like popular snacks, groceries, candy, reading material, socks, and hygiene products, and is topped with an encouraging letter and a photo from the sender.
Big Zak & Beth are proud supporters of Honor Our Troops. Learn more about what they do and how you can help by sponsoring a Car Package, holding a fundraising event or by making a donation HERE.
Take A Virtual Tour Of H.O.T.
Genuine Country Mornings Blog
1. Hot Summer Nights continues this Friday evening at Noel heritage Plaza. This week, enjoy music by “Current 9“. It starts at 6pm. Admission is FREE. 2. “Family Fridays” is for kids 4 to 12 years old.
1. The Independence Day Blood Drive is this Friday and Saturday afternoons at Music City Mall in Odessa. They will be set up by the carousel stage. It starts Friday at 2pm and Saturday at 1pm. 2.
Ready to show off your red, white and blue?! Here are the local events going on to help you celebrate this great holiday! Remember, whatever you are doing, have fun and be safe! Happy Independence Day! Midland:
1. Family Fridays continues this Friday at the Museum Of The Southwest. Celebrate different ways artists create art and the methods and materials they use. This week’s topic is photography. It is FREE with membership or paid
1. Family Fridays are back at the Museum Of The Southwest. Enjoy fun, educational activities this summer based on themes that foster creativity and a love of learning among all ages. It is at the Blakemore Planetarium
1. Mark Chestnut will be at Dos Amigos on Friday night. Doors open at 7pm. Show starts at 9pm. Tickets are $20 in advance – $25 at the door. 2. Day In The Park With Dad is
Grab the family and a lawn chair or two and head over to enjoy some great music! Midland and Odessa both offer free concerts every weekend throughout the summer, and we’ve got all the information you need
1. Disney Pixar’s “Coco” is playing at the Andrews Public Library. Kick off the summer with this special showing. It starts Friday afternoon at 2pm. 2. The 2018 Permian Basin Collector Car Auction is this Saturday from
Wondering what the kids can do this summer? Here is a list of Summer Camps happening all around the Permian Basing this summer! Make sure to sign up early, as most of these have limited space and
Looking for a VBS to send your kids to? Here is a list of local VBS locations and all the information you need! Andrews: First Baptist Church, 301 E Broadway, Andrews. “Game On! Gearing Up for