TEXAS VS. CANADA...DIFFERENT AND THE SAME!
We are home! Yayyyyyy!! We had a wonderful time with our friends to the north (Canada). We got sunburned, caught up with great old friends, met NEW great old friends and sent Michael's mother off in a beautiful and simple Memorial on the beach.
I have given some thought as to the major differences between Texas and Canada. Because, even though Kincardine was lovely, it was not home. Here are 5 major differences between Texas and Canada:
1. Kincardine has a Scottish pipe and drum band that marches up and down mainstreet every
Saturday night during the summer. In Texas, we have high school marching bands every
Friday night in the Fall.
2. Kincardine has alot of sandy beach on a really big lake (Huron). Texas has a lot of sand.
3. Kincardine has alot of friendly people with funny accents. In Texas, uh...it's the same!
4. Canada is metric so distance is in kilometers. Texas is BIG so distance is in hours.
5. Kincardine is a great place to visit. West Texas is a great place to live.
Have I mentioned, it's good to be home?! A special thanks to Kelley and Derrick for filling in for us. Doing your job AND ours was not easy and we are grateful you gave us this time!
Tags : Locations : Texas, West TexasPeople : Derrick, Kelley